||SAR Harbour locomotive Stormberg (0-4-0ST)
||Two 0-4-0ST saddle-tank locomotives that were originally built for the Irrigation Department of the Public Works Department of the Cape Colony in 1903, were acquired by the South African Railways in 1916 for use as harbour shunters. In railway service they were named instead of being classified and numbered. The first was named Thebus, after the town Teebus on the line between Stormberg and Rosmead in the Cape Midlands, while the second was named Stormberg after the town of that name on the mainline from Bloemfontein via Springfontein to East London.
See also the Wikipedia article on the South African Harbour 0-4-0ST.
||4/15/2013 Upload Date: 6/13/2013 8:17:21 PM
||George, WC, ZA
||Col André Kritzinger
||360 Comments: 0