||SAR NG1 (4-6-2T)
||The first narrow-gauge line of the Natal Government Railways was constructed from Estcourt to Weenen. Two small 4-6-2T side-tank locomotives, designed by D.A. Hendrie and built by Hunslet Engine Company, were acquired for this line in 1907. They were numbered NG1 and NG2 by the South African Railways in 1912, but were not classified. Both were sold to Angola in 1915. NG1 is now part of the Sandstone Heritage Trust's fleet of narrow gauge locomotives.
||4/9/2006 Upload Date: 2/4/2007 11:23:36 AM
||Ficksburg, FS, ZA
||Col André Kritzinger
||643 Comments: 0