||SAR Class 6B 513 (4-6-0)
||In 1897 and 1898 the Cape Government Railways placed a third batch of fifty-five 6th Class 4-6-0 steam locomotives in service, built by Dübs and Company and Neilson and Company, whose name changed to Neilson, Reid and Company in 1898 while they were being built. In 1907 four were sold to the Benguela Railway in Angola. In 1912, when the remaining fifty-one locomotives were assimilated into the South African Railways, they were renumbered in the range from 490 to 540 and reclassified to Class 6B. During World War II two of them were sold to the Sudan Railways.
See also the Wikipedia article on the South African Class 6B 4-6-0.
||3/24/2013 Upload Date: 7/7/2013 7:10:20 PM
||Durban, ZN, ZA
||241 Comments: 0